Mobility is now pervasive and it is maturing rapidly in the corporate environment. The Accenture Mobility CIO Survey 2013 explores the trends driving this maturation and identifies investment priorities for companies that are currently lagging.
From Accenture’s survey of more than 400 global IT executives:
- Seventy nine percent of respondents cited mobility as a revenue-generator.
- Eighty four percent said mobility would significantly improve customer interactions.
- More than one-third of respondents cited mobility as one of their top-two priorities, 75 percent put it in in their top five.
- Fifty-nine percent say they have implemented a centralized, companywide strategy for mobility.
- Thirty six percent of respondents cited driving revenues through customer engagement on mobile devices as the reason for investing in mobility.
- Thirty four percent of respondents cited driving revenue through transactions on mobile devices as the reason for investing in mobility.